Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe is from the Nesco dehydrator website. Don't forget to allow enough time to let the peanuts to "marinate" overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- Place nuts in a 9-inch square pan.
- In a glass measuring cup combine remaining ingredients; pour over nuts.
- Let nuts sit at room temperature overnight.
- Drain liquid from nuts; place nuts on regular drying tray.
- Dry at 145º for 3 to 5 hours or until nuts are crunchy.
- Store in an air-tight container.