Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is from the Nesco dehydrator website. Allow time to let the dough chill overnight.
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mash bananas; cream in peanut butter.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, peanuts and cinnamon, mixing until well blended.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Place on a large sheet of waxed paper and shape into a long rectangle.
- Wrap waxed paper tightly around the dough and chill 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- With a serrated knife, slice dough into 1/4" slices.
- Place on regular sheets; dry at 145º for 4 to 6 hours or until firm (these will be softer than other crackers, more like cookies).
- Makes approximately 50 crackers.
These were yummy! They are even better if you use chocolate grahm crackers! I am very impatient, so I put the dough in the freezer for about 2 hrs, then sliced them.
Not bad. Was kind of like a protein bar. My mixture didn't set up as much as I would have liked, even in the fridge overnight, so they didn't turn out very pretty. Perhaps putting it in the freezer for 30 minutes would have helped. Thank you for posting such a unique recipe.