Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe is from the Nesco dehydrator website. Don't forget to allow enough time to let the cashews "marinate" overnight.
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhole roasted cashews
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Place nuts in a 9-inch square pan.
- In a glass measuring cup combine remaining ingredients; pour over nuts.
- Let nuts sit at room temperature overnight.
- Drain liquid from nuts; place nuts on regular drying trays.
- Dry at 145º for 3 to 5 hours, or until nuts are crunchy.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Thanks for the recipe! I used raw cashews so mine didn't come out very crunchy, but they are still tasty. I was a little leery about that much garlic powder so I only put in 2 teaspoons and the flavor is great. I will probably add a little more next time. I will definitely make this again.