6 hrs 10 mins
Adapted from the "Mary Bell's Complete Dehydrator Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- paper towels (added to pass editing)
- 1Cut the sliced bacon into strips that are 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.
- 2In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then drain the pieces on paper towels.
- 3Line each drying tray with a solid "fruit leather" sheet (parchment paper can be substituted). Top it with a mesh sheet.
- 4Arrange the bacon pieces in one layer on the mesh sheet. Put the drying trays in the dehydrator. Twice during the drying process, remove the drying bacon and wipe it with paper towels to remove as much of the fat as possible. Return the bacon to the drying trays.
- 5Dry the bacon until it crumbles easily, about 6 to 8 hours, depending on the make of the dehydrator.
- 6One pound of bacon weighs 2 to 3 ounces dried.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dehydrator Dried Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.1
- Calories from Fat 613
- Total Fat 68.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 1260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g