Recipe by TxGriffLover
To rehydrate and cook dried corn: In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup dried corn with 1 cup hot water. If the corn has been blanched, it will rehydrate in 5 to 10 minutes, unblanched corn will take about 30 minutes or longer. Bring the rehydrated corn to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain. This will yield 3/4 cup cooked corn. This recipe adapted from "Mary Bell's Complete Dehydrator Cookbook". Prep time does NOT include dehydrator drying time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cooked dried whole corn (see above note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery powder
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Sprinkle in the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Slowly add the milk and sugar, stirring constantly.
- Add the cooked corn, celery powder, and pepper, and remove the pan from the heat. Top with more celery powder or a dusting or Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Rehydrate small pieces of dried green bell pepper with the corn and cook them together.