Recipe by TxGriffLover
This is very good and has almost no (if any) squash flavor. Adapted from: "The Squash Cookbook" Try substituting 1 tsp cherry flavor for the lemon juice.
- 6 zucchini, medium, very firm, peeled
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or other flavoring)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make syrup by boiling sugar and water together for 5 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2" cubes. Drop cubes into boiling syrup and cook over low heat only until barely tender (they will become somewhat transluscent).
- Chill in the syrup overnight.
- The next day, spread cubes on dryer trays and dry at 135º F for about 8 to 12 hours, until leathery. Store airtight.