Recipe by TxGriffLover
This recipe is adapted from recipes that came with my Nesco dehydrator and uses their "Fruit Roll Sheets". You could substitute parchment paper sprayed with a vegetable spray, like Pam. Cooking time includes dehydrator drying time.
- 15 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 4 large green peppers
- 3 large onions
- 3 large carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop or grind all ingredients together, then blend in portions until smooth. Press through a strainer to remove any pulp.
- In a very large kettle (12 quart or larger) bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil gently, uncovered for about 5 hours. Stir often to prevent scorching.
- Mixture should be thick enough to mound on a spoon.
- Ladle onto 5 "Fruit Roll" sheets and dry at 140º until crisp, 8 to 10 hours. Powder in a blender.
- Add different amounts of water to your powder mixture to make:.
- Tomato Paste - 1 teaspoon powder and 1 teaspoon water.
- Tomato Sauce - 1 teaspoon powder and 3 teaspoons water.
- Tomato Soup - 1 teaspoon powder and 2 teaspoons cream.
- Tomato Juice - 1 teaspoon powder and 1/2 cup water or more.
- Adjust amount of water to taste for soup and juice.