15 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is adapted from recipes that came with my Nesco dehydrator and uses their "Fruit Roll Sheets". You could substitute parchment paper sprayed with a vegetable spray, like Pam. Cooking time includes dehydrator drying time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop or grind all ingredients together, then blend in portions until smooth. Press through a strainer to remove any pulp.
- 2In a very large kettle (12 quart or larger) bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil gently, uncovered for about 5 hours. Stir often to prevent scorching.
- 3Mixture should be thick enough to mound on a spoon.
- 4Ladle onto 5 "Fruit Roll" sheets and dry at 140º until crisp, 8 to 10 hours. Powder in a blender.
- 5Add different amounts of water to your powder mixture to make:.
- 6Tomato Paste - 1 teaspoon powder and 1 teaspoon water.
- 7Tomato Sauce - 1 teaspoon powder and 3 teaspoons water.
- 8Tomato Soup - 1 teaspoon powder and 2 teaspoons cream.
- 9Tomato Juice - 1 teaspoon powder and 1/2 cup water or more.
- 10Adjust amount of water to taste for soup and juice.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dehydrator All Purpose Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g