1/7 Photos of Dee's Swedish Meatballs
1 hr 15 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
I don't know where this came from; everyone makes it; mine is kinda simple but fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 -4 slices bread, dampened
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) bag extra wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1Mix the meat, seasonings, egg and onion.
- 2Wet the bread with water before adding it to meat. Mush it all together and form little meat balls.
- 3Heat oil in frying pan and add meatballs.
- 4Don't move them to much or they will break.
- 5When brown on both sides, take out.
- 6Brown flour in same frying pan. Add water and canned milk to make gravy.
- 7Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8in another pan while the balls are simmering.
- 9make the egg noodles according to package directions; drain and add butter. and 1/2 the sour cream.
- 10Add 1/2 the 8 oz pkg of sour cream to the meatballs at very end.
- 11Serve over warm buttered sour creamed egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dee's Swedish Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1457.0
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 314.4 mg
- Sodium 605.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 70.7 g
- Protein 51.3 g