Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't know where this came from; everyone makes it; mine is kinda simple but fast.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 -4 slices bread, dampened
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) bagextra wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Mix the meat, seasonings, egg and onion.
- Wet the bread with water before adding it to meat. Mush it all together and form little meat balls.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add meatballs.
- Don't move them to much or they will break.
- When brown on both sides, take out.
- Brown flour in same frying pan. Add water and canned milk to make gravy.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- in another pan while the balls are simmering.
- make the egg noodles according to package directions; drain and add butter. and 1/2 the sour cream.
- Add 1/2 the 8 oz pkg of sour cream to the meatballs at very end.
- Serve over warm buttered sour creamed egg noodles.
I make Swedish meatballs every Christmas and thought I would try a new recipe for it. This was okay, much easier than mine, but my family still prefers mine! Thanks for sharing! MadeforZWT9
Yum. This was simple to make and very tasty. The meatballs were a little loose so had to be careful in turning them, but they came out very moist. Thanks Dee for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
Boy was this good Dienia. What a terrific meal we had. The meatballs and sauce were perfect served over fettuccia Riccia. The noodles worked great in this dish. I ground my spices fresh, for a lovely depth of flavor. This recipe was quick and easy to make. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. I thought that the flavor was subtle then the spices hit. It was awesome. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that made my dh go back for more. Will definitely make again.