Recipe by Dienia B.
I don't know where this came from; everyone makes it; mine is kinda simple but fast.
Top Review by pammyowl
I make Swedish meatballs every Christmas and thought I would try a new recipe for it. This was okay, much easier than mine, but my family still prefers mine! Thanks for sharing! MadeforZWT9
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 -4 slices bread, dampened
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) bagextra wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the meat, seasonings, egg and onion.
- Wet the bread with water before adding it to meat. Mush it all together and form little meat balls.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add meatballs.
- Don't move them to much or they will break.
- When brown on both sides, take out.
- Brown flour in same frying pan. Add water and canned milk to make gravy.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- in another pan while the balls are simmering.
- make the egg noodles according to package directions; drain and add butter. and 1/2 the sour cream.
- Add 1/2 the 8 oz pkg of sour cream to the meatballs at very end.
- Serve over warm buttered sour creamed egg noodles.