Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is how I make it. Posted for zaar world tour.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Brown onion in butter.
- Add ground beef.
- When 1/2 way cooked, add frozen vegetables and brown gravy mix with 1/2 cup water.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and salt and pepper.
- Cook until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Top with mashed potatoes that you have roughed up with fork so you have peaks.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
Dee this is the recipe I have been searching for, thanks for posting. This recipe is simple, down home comfort food!! Love it :)
My perfect comfort food! And so easy! I did use 1 Tblsp. of worcestershire instead of a teaspoon and a little more ketchup for my taste. I also used instant mashed potatoes and sprinkled a little shredded mild cheddar over the top before serving. Sooo good!
A very good, very easy Shepherd's Pie. I have been searching for a good recipe for ages, and I'm glad I found this one. 30 minutes prep is about right, more if you have to make the mashed potatoes first. I added a small bit - 1/2 tsp - minced garlic to the onions before adding the meat, and I used two 8.5 Oz. cans of peas and carrots as I could not find frozen in my store. Delicous, easy to make, and sure to be a much-requested repeat in my house. Thanks for posting, Dienia!!