Recipe by Dienia B.
I made this when I was looking for a way to cook hamburger. Remember to check cooking times as all ovens are different--mine is old and slow--lol. I'm hoping all my measurements are right as I'm doing this from memory and math is not my strong suit.
Top Review by lazyme
yum! This was so simple and good. I halved the recipe and sauteed some fresh mushrooms to add to the gravy. Great comfort meal. Thanks Dee for another winner. Made for Went to the Market Tag.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the meat and seasonings egg and bread.
- Form oval patties in cast iron or oven proof skillet.
- Brown formed patties on each side.
- Don't cook all the way through.
- Add water and gravy mix and mushrooms if you want to.
- Put in 425° oven for 30 minutes until patties are cooked and gravy is thick.
- Check several times to make sure you don't need to add water.
- All ovens are different mine is old and slow--lol.