Recipe by Dienia B.
This is how I made the runza filling. You just stuff it into runza dough. Let rise until doubled after filled. Bake until brown. You can use my runza dough recipe.
Top Review by gailanng
I was so inspired by Fitness Guru's review that I followed her cue. I, also, used recipe #32607 and used Velveeta. Let me sum it up by saying, if you come to my house and I offered you Dees's Runza and you leave hungry, it's your own fault.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubes or 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated or 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic powder.
- Add the caraway seed and cabbage.
- Sweat this mixture down; pour off any grease.
- Roll out runza dough; cut into 8 squares.
- Add filling to each square.
- Add the cheese that you like .
- Stretch the dough around the mixture.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake until dough is done.