1/1 Photo of Dee's Panko Breaded Pecan Salmon
Dienia B.'s Note:
I made this recipe up after watching QVC's 48 dollar salmon. I liked the idea of theirs a lot; theirs was baked, mine is fried. This is a 3 bowl recipe like chicken fried steak but with salmon. If you are looking for low fat recipes, this isn't it, lol, but it does taste good. I do not use salt myself but I know other people do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush pecans until fine; add pecans to Panko bread crumbs.
- 2Heat pan with oil; you may need more oil.
- 3Beat egg in another bowl.
- 4In another bowl have flour, salt if using, and pepper.
- 5I buy the frozen indivudual salmon fillets and microwave them a touch so they are not cooked but not frozen either.
- 6Dredge fish in the flour to which salt and pepper have been added.
- 7Shake off excess flour.
- 8Dip into egg and then into pecan bread crumb mixture.
- 9Put in hot skillet skin side down.
- 10Fry until golden; do not move fillets around a lot.
- 11Flip over; fry on other side until golden and fish in center is cooked to your liking.
- 12Touch it lightly like steak; be careful not to burn yourself. You can also check doneness with a knife.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dee's Panko Breaded Pecan Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.0
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 515.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g