Prep 24 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
Beans are good and cheap.
- 1 (1 lb) package navy beans
- 1 (17 ounce) can carrots or 2 carrots, diced
- 1 ham bone or 1 ham hock
- 2 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- Soak beans overnight.
- The next day, add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low until beans are tender, about 4 hours.
- You will need to add water through the cooking process.
Excellent, Dee! With the addition of pepper, this a perfectly seasoned simple bean soup and I emphasize "perfect". Wonderful and even better the next day.