Recipe by Dienia B.
I ran out of white flour for pancakes.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
I haven't had pancakes in ages, so I made them for dinner! I halved the recipe and served them with fresh Georgia peaches, toasted pecans, and some vanilla ice cream! The only thing I'd change would be to add a dash of salt next time. Tagged for PRMR.
- 2 tablespoons oil, for pancake griddle
- 3 tablespoons butter, for pancake griddle
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour, I had white wheat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter until butter melts; set aside.
- Mix milk, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla together.
- Add sugar, baking powder, wheat flour and flour; mix lightly.
- Pour a little oil butter mixture on skillet or griddle.
- Make 4 smaller pancakes. Cook on low heat because these scorch easily.