Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is how I make fried rice and i'ts simple.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chicken breast, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup leftover pork, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- Add soy sauce to rice. Add more if you desire., less if you want
- In fry pan add bacon and fry.
- When cooked remove from pan.
- Add oil to bacon grease.
- Add meat to oil and cook until almost done.
- Add onions, scallions and celery.
- Fry until lightly browned.
- Add peas.
- Add rice.
- In separate bowl beat egg.
- Add to cooking rice and stir quickly to mix egg
- take off heat cover pan let egg cook.
Yummy rice. Instead of chicken, I added some home made barbecue pork that worked well. Simple and good. Thanks for sharing, Dee.
This delicious dish was put together in no time! I pre-made the rice so it would be cold when I fried it. I thought that the amount of soy sauce was WAY too much so I used 2 tablespoons. When the dish was completed, it didn't taste like too much soy sauce at all. I also used 1 cup of pork and no chicken and used peas and carrots instead of just peas. We enjoyed this very much with Chinese veggie dumplings. Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Dee! :)