Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how I make my egg salad sandwiches. You can put in what you want and use toast or soft bread.
- 4 eggs, hardboiled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon black olives, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices bread
- Mash hard boiled eggs.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard mix.
- Add pickle relish, olives, and onion.
- Add paprika and pepper.
- The bread can be toasted or soft.
- Add 1/4 of filling to 4 slices bread.
- Top with a lettuce leaf.
- Top with other slice bread or toast.
- Cut on the diagonal.
Yum. So simple and so good. Thanks for another keeper, Dee. Made for Cookbook Tag.
I made this the day ahead, and think the salt from the olives and pickle relish really flavored the egg salad, and I didn't need to add any salt. Great egg salad! Thanks for sharing....made for 123 Hits!
Very tasty. I mashed the yolks and whites of the egg separately. I used dill relish, which I like better than sweet, and did add a bit of salt. I also let it chill a couple of hours before serving. Excellent egg salad. Thanks for posting!