Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a basic meatloaf with a twist of colorful bell peppers. It taste marveloius and with the hint of colorful bell pepper it brings out color and makes it look soooo appetizing.
- 5 lbs chuck hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb saltine crackers (Thats 2 sealed packages from the box.)
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 chopped small yellow onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In roaster pan spray with non stick oil. Set aside.
- Put your chuck hamburger into large bowl.
- In another medium bowl put your 5 eggs and 1/2 cup milk beat slightly.
- Add your saltine crackers to eggs, breaking them up into crumbs and mix well.
- Now chop up 1/2 red bell pepper and add to your egg mixture. Put rest aside for later.
- Chop up 1/2 green bell pepper and add to egg mixture. Put the rest aside for later.
- Add your yellow onion.
- Now combine all ingredients using your hands to mix. Knead your hamburger turning it to mix well.
- Place in roaster pan and shape into oblong roll.
- Sprinkle with peppercorn.
- Cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours
- Add 2 cups of water and with brush coat the top with ketchup. Slice and throw in the rest of your bell peppers. Top with a mix of potatoes and carrotts.
- Cook for 1 more hour.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.