Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I made this up and it tasted so good that I had to post it to remember what I did.
- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons spice worlds garlic and ginger seasoning or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormick's chili seasoning mix
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- Chop onion fine.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic and ginger seasoning.
- Add tomato sauce and 3 cups water.
- Cook down for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups elbow macaroni.
- Add 4 cups water; cook until done (you may need to add a little more water if your macaroni needs it).
- Add cheese.
- Garnish with spoon of sour cream.
I too gave it 3 stars. The basic idea of it was really great! It was definitely a bit bland for me as well. Everyone has different tastes. Next time I'll probably add some kidney beans, a few cloves of garlic, some pinto beans, and maybe some diced green mild chiles. We used mini wagon wheel pasta since that's what my son eats. And we didn't add any more water after the tomato sauce and 3 cups. Would have been too much for us. Thank you for the awesome start of our own recipe!
I gave this 3 stars. My family really liked this recipe. We had it for dinner tonight. My 6 yrs niece & 4 yrs old newphew ate this right down and said it was very good. I thought it was a bit bland for my taste so next time I will add some salt & pepper to taste. I used the minced garlic. I also used mexican blend cheese. I also did not add all of the 4 cups of water after the macaroni. I only added 1 1/2 cups water and as cooking it appeared it would be to thin but as it cooled it thickened up perfectly. I think this would be great with green pepper and some seasonings. Overall this was a really good recipe. Best of all it made enough for us to have it for 2 meals. We will have this again. Thanks for posting a really good recipe. Christine (internetnut)