Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had Shoney's chicken soup and liked it, so I tried to make it at home and this was close.
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 2 (1 lb) cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- Mix canned milk, peas, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, chicken bouillon cube, broccoli, and cooked chicken breast together.
- Cook until thick.
This tasted great, and only took a short while to prepare! The base was very thick, so I thinned it a bit by adding 1 cup of milk, and 2 cups of water. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper. I think that I'll use two bags of frozen broccoli next time, and omit the peas. (Just a personal preference). This was an easy, no-fuss recipe, and I'll probably make it again. Thanks!
When making this soup, I added a couple of things ~ I threw in 1/4 cup of diced & slightly steamed red bell pepper to give it some holiday color & then seasoned it a little with lemon pepper! That was all I added, & we had a very nice tasting chicken & broccoli soup, thanks to your recipe! [Made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
I have no idea what Shoney's soup taste like, I have never heard of it, but I do know that this soup is easy and tasty, I also added in some half and half to thin it out and sauteed onion and garlic in butter before adding in the ingredients, this worked out well, I also sprinkled some grated cheese on top, thanks Dienia!...Kitten:)