Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this dump cake up when I had 1 cup of cherry pie filling left over and my SIL likes pineapple upside down cake so I thought why not...
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring, divided
- 1 teaspoon brandy flavoring, divided
- 20 ounces drained pineapple slices
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of the almond, rum and brandy flavorings into the cherry pie filling.
- Spread cherry mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.
- Put the pineapple slices on top of cherry pie filling.
- Put brown sugar on top of pineapple.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, eggs and balance of the flavorings together.
- Pour over top of the brown sugar.
- Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for the time recommended on cake box or until browned and toothpick comes out clean.
This is my husband's favorite cake!
I made this over the weekend, it's a wonderful recipe with lots of flavor, I used 1 tablespoon "real" brandy for this in place of brandy flavoring, I also used my own recipe for yellow cake instead of the cake mix. Please make certain to bake this in a middle oven rack at 350 degrees...my guests raved over this cake! thank Dienia, will make again!...Kitten:)