2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I have hesitated to post this recipe because there are so many zucchini cake/bread recipes already posted here. However, since I have retired from "semi-commercial" baking, I thought I would start posting some of "those secret" recipes. This recipe won 2 blue ribbons for me at the tri-county Altamont Fair in 1987.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups well packed prepared zucchini (does not have to be peeled, about 2-4 large zucchini)
- 1 1/2-2 cups chopped pecans (your choice) or 1 1/2-2 cups walnuts (your choice)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1Slice, seed and coarsely grate 2 to 4 large zucchini.
- 2Place about a handful or two of the grated zucchini into cheesecloth, or a clean cotton dish towel (do not use a terry cloth dish towel), and squeeze it until very dry; repeat with the remaining grated zucchini.
- 3Measure out 2 well packed cups of the prepared zucchini for the recipe.
- 4Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan (or two 8x4-inch loaf pans).
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6In a bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 7In a large bowl, beat eggs until light.
- 8Gradually add sugar, and continue beating until thick and lemon colored.
- 9Continue beating egg/sugar mixture, while adding the oil in a thin stream, beat until all is well blended.
- 10By hand, stir in vanilla, zucchini, nuts and raisins.
- 11Add the sifted dry ingredients, and stir until well mixed.
- 12Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- 13Bake at 350°F for 60 to 75 minutes or until a cake tester (or wooden toothpick) inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 14Remove from oven and place pan(s) on wire rack to cool.
- 15Let cool in the pan(s) for about 5 minutes, remove cake from pan(s) and return the cake to the wire rack to continue cooling.
- 16Cake should be completely cooled before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dee's Blue Ribbon Zucchini Cake/Bread
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 439.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g