1/1 Photo of Dee's Beef Liver and Onions
Dienia B.'s Note:
I cook mine a little bit different with bacon grease and onions, and then steam that puppy a while until it is tender and makes its own gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon; remove bacon and set aside.
- 2Put sliced onion in the same frying pan and fry a little.
- 3Mix the flour and season salt together. Dredge liver in the flour mixture.
- 4Move onion over to the side.
- 5Add floured liver to the fry pan. Fry until brown on one side.
- 6Flip liver over and place onion on top.
- 7Brown on other side.
- 8Add 1 cup water; cover and simmer on low heat until gravy forms, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dee's Beef Liver and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 351.3 mg
- Sodium 552.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 31.6 g