I cook mine a little bit different with bacon grease and onions, and then steam that puppy a while until it is tender and makes its own gravy.
- Cook bacon; remove bacon and set aside.
- Put sliced onion in the same frying pan and fry a little.
- Mix the flour and season salt together. Dredge liver in the flour mixture.
- Move onion over to the side.
- Add floured liver to the fry pan. Fry until brown on one side.
- Flip liver over and place onion on top.
- Brown on other side.
- Add 1 cup water; cover and simmer on low heat until gravy forms, about 20 minutes.