Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This jerky is on the hot side, but really complements the natural flavor of venison. Cuts of meat from the ham section of the deer are best for jerky, in my experience. You can also use very lean cuts of beef if venison is unavailable.
- 453.59 g venison, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml red chili flakes
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
- 9.85 ml fresh ground black pepper
- In a gallon sized ziplock bag, combine all ingredients. Allow mixture to marinate for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator (for best results allow 48 hours).
- Preheat oven to 150. Drain venison and pat dry with paper towel. Lay pieces across oven rack, small grill plates, or cookie rack (the idea is to not use a baking sheet, as the meat will take much longer to dry that way). Cook meat for 1-4 hours, checking every half hour or so to see if meat is dried. Feel free to use a dehydrator following manufacturer instructions.