Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am a hunter and I love jerky. I came up with this recipe from about 3 others that I like.
Make and share this Deer (Venison) Jerky recipe from Food.com.
- Take your meat to the local butcher and have it cut thin.
- You can do this yourself by semi-freezing your meat then cut it into 1/4-inch strips.
- Note: meat cut with the grain will be chewy, and against the grain will be tender.
- Combine everything but the meat in a large bowl and stir well.
- Marinate meat over night in the refrigerator, then drain.
- To use a dehydrator place meat on racks, do not overlap, and let dry for 24-36 hours.
- To use an oven, preheat to 150-degrees then place meat on cookie sheets without overlapping for 8-10 hours.
- Turn at least once during drying.
- They are ready when the jerky bends without breaking.
- Let cool, seal tight, and refrigerate for long-term storage.