- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison steak, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bacon drippings in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add deer steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle flour over steaks. Allow to brown slightly.
- Slowly add 3 cups milk; bring to a boil. Add sliced onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until steaks and onion are tender. Stir occasionally. Remove cover and allow gravy to thicken.