Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my family's favorite way to eat venison.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison steak, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat bacon drippings in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add deer steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle flour over steaks. Allow to brown slightly.
- Slowly add 3 cups milk; bring to a boil. Add sliced onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until steaks and onion are tender. Stir occasionally. Remove cover and allow gravy to thicken.
Really good me and my fiance love it
This very simple and really tasty
I made this simple recipe using Cubed venison steaks, and it was an instant hit. My family said it was the best thing that I had ever cooked! Tonight, it will be the first main course I ever really cook for my boyfriend! I am going to marinade it this time, as well. Thanks so much for the recipe!