Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my family's favorite way to eat venison.
Make and share this Deer Steaks and Gravy (Venison) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison steak, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat bacon drippings in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add deer steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle flour over steaks. Allow to brown slightly.
- Slowly add 3 cups milk; bring to a boil. Add sliced onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until steaks and onion are tender. Stir occasionally. Remove cover and allow gravy to thicken.
This very simple and really tasty
I made this simple recipe using Cubed venison steaks, and it was an instant hit. My family said it was the best thing that I had ever cooked! Tonight, it will be the first main course I ever really cook for my boyfriend! I am going to marinade it this time, as well. Thanks so much for the recipe!
This is great! So very simple with an awesome flavor. The only thing I did different is marinade the meat in milk & worcestershire for around 3 hours. This seams to help tenderize and take some of the gaminess out. I use the leftover marinade for the gravy. Thanks for the recipe.