Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
My family loves to snack on jerky. With this recipe using the oven instead of a dehydrator, you oven will be tied up. But that's ok, what more excuse do you need to be taken out to dinner!
- 2 lbs beef or 3 lbs deer, strips (no water)
- 5 ounces soy sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bottles liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Let deer or beef soak in marinade overnight.
- A gallon sized zipper bag works great.
- This way you can easily turn it in while soaking without the mess.
- Take deer or beef out of marinade and put in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cook about 24 hours on lowest setting in your oven or until meat is dry.
- Discard marinade immediately after you've marinated your meat.