This is just like Meat loaf without the fat and worry of that dumb "Mad Cow" thingy. I really don't worry about the "Mad Cow" scare but my southern family seems to Not want to eat beef lately. So, when the mighty hunter insists on eating the deer meat I gotta do what I can to make the family happy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground deer meat
- 4 slices white bread, fresh crumbled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 -3 eggs, whisked
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato sauce or 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat to 350°F / Cook 45 minutes to an hour.
- 2Mix eggs, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce or ketchup to ground deer.
- 3Brown mushrooms and onion along with garlic until tender.
- 4Mix milk with bread crumbs together.
- 5Once the ground deer is mixed with the original ingredients, put in the mushroom mixture in and combine together.
- 6Salt and pepper then add the bread crumb mixture.
- 7The cilantro should be added before putting into the meatloaf pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deer Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.2 mg
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g