Recipe by Debber
My brother Don submitted this for our Family Reunion Cookbook; he's quite the hunting food aficionado--as you can see!
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
This is excellent for fishing also :) Truth be told, I always make PB&J this way, but usually on storebought whole wheat. It's the butter (well, I actually use Smart Balance) that makes it special. My kids agree.
- 2 slices home-made bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jam or 1 tablespoon jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter and peanut butter on one slice of the bread.
- On the other slice, spread jam or jelly (preferably home-made).
- Carefully place the two slices together (you don't want to "bruise" the jam).
- Gently slide sandwich into a plastic sandwich baggie; seal baggie; place in back hip pocket of hunting pants; forget about baggie in pants pocket.
- Spend morning hunting and sitting, stalking and sitting, and hiking & sitting.
- Sandwich should be ready to eat--check for doneness (ie., squashed flat, jam & peanut butter oozing out around edges).
- Sit down on a nearby stump, fallen log, stone outcropping and ENJOY!