Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe evolved over several years of cooking breakfast for hungry deer hunters. Its a real filling meal with ham, eggs, potatoes, and cheese. It makes plenty, so use the biggest fry pan that you have.
- 1 lb ham, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes (diced, not shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (divided)
- 12 large eggs
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper (fresh ground is best)
- In a meduim fry pan, heat 1 T butter over medium heat and add ham. Season with a little salt and pepper. Saute until ham is lightly browned. Turn down heat and keep warm for later.
- In a large fry pan, heat remaining 3T of butter over high heat. Add diced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes and continue to saute until potatoes are browned and cooked, turning often. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the ham to the potatoes and turn to combine.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and quickly beat with a fork to break up the yolks, add the eggs to the potatoes and ham. Cook, stir, and turn until eggs are set.
- Add the cheese to the potatoes, ham and eggs, stir and turn to combine. Cover pan for a minute or two. You are ready to serve when the cheese is melted.
so basically this is an omlett american style like you can get any hotel comis chef to make you? liked the title but not impressed with the recipe
Yummy! Great, filling breakfast!