This recipe evolved over several years of cooking breakfast for hungry deer hunters. Its a real filling meal with ham, eggs, potatoes, and cheese. It makes plenty, so use the biggest fry pan that you have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a meduim fry pan, heat 1 T butter over medium heat and add ham. Season with a little salt and pepper. Saute until ham is lightly browned. Turn down heat and keep warm for later.
- 2In a large fry pan, heat remaining 3T of butter over high heat. Add diced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes and continue to saute until potatoes are browned and cooked, turning often. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the ham to the potatoes and turn to combine.
- 3Crack eggs into a bowl and quickly beat with a fork to break up the yolks, add the eggs to the potatoes and ham. Cook, stir, and turn until eggs are set.
- 4Add the cheese to the potatoes, ham and eggs, stir and turn to combine. Cover pan for a minute or two. You are ready to serve when the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deer Camp Scrambled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.2
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 541.9 mg
- Sodium 1725.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 46.8 g