Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband is a deer hunter. He recently took my daughter and they made this deer camp food. Something I make all the time but she wouldn't eat it until dad called it this. Very versatile recipe. Can use any kind of meat, veggies, etc. I use a lot of leftover meats and veggies when making this.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced Polish sausage (can use cooked chicken, pork, beef, etc.)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In fry pan heat butter and add onions and garlic. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes and cook until fork tender.
- Add mushrooms and polish sausage.
- Mix well and cook until potatoes are crispy and everything is golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
We enjoyed this. We did add seasonings to our taste when we added the potatoes to the pan. Would make again, possibly without the cheese. Thanks for the recipe!