Recipe by Tea Jenny
A novel recipe that resemble deer antlers Posted for ZWT#6. 2010 cook time does not include the overnight resting
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon-colored.
- Whip cream and sour cream lightly together.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Add alternately with melted butter and both creams to the egg mixture. Mix lightly together. Refrigerate overnight.
- Roll the dough into 8 mm (1/3") sausages. Cut into 12 cm (5") lengths. Form into a wreath. Make two notches along the edges.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Deep fry, a few at a time, until golden, three to four minutes.