Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great and flavorful side dish for your roasts or fish dishes.iIt is also great at room temp.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups Stove Top stuffing mix, see note
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into 9x9 greased casserole dish.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until nice and bubbly.
- Can be prepared ahead of time, covered and refrigerated until baking time. It will take about 10 extra minutes to bake.
- *** Note about the* Stove Top! It is: 1-1/4 c any flavor.
I thought this was excellent just the right amount of every thing. I usually don't like stove top of any kind but this was great so now I know what to use it for. Thanks
I wish I could give this 10 stars. What a great tasting dish. Loved the Stove Top stuffing mix in this. I used about 1/2 cup of brown sugar which worked out fine for us. I can't wait to try this again with the fresh tomatoes out of our garden. Another winner from you, Koechin (Chef).
This recipe really intrigued me from the get go. Thank you Koechin for posting this wonderful and very different recipe. I wanted to give this a 4 1/2 stars, but that's not possible here. It would have been a 5 star recipe except it was too sweet for us . Next time I make this, I plan on skipping sugar completely because the taste, texture and appearance was top notch except being sweet. I love the idea of combining tomatoes with stuffing mix!