Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Borrowed" this from a friends cookbook. Its yummy and quick and gives you your five a day in one bowl! I was told to add the folllowing information when I posted it. "3 weightwatchers POINTS values per serving
- low-fat cooking spray, for frying
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50 g baby carrots, halved
- 50 g green beans
- 50 g baby sweetcorn, halved
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 200 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200 g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- Spray the pan with the cooking spray and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer (covered) for 20 minutes.
Excellent stew and would have given more stars if allowed. Very easy to assemble with ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen. It doesn't take all day to cook but tastes like you did. I prepared it as directed except I increased servings to 4. It is now residing in my keeper file and will be made often in this family.