Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An almost quiche-like cornbread, very moist!. Cut into small squares and serve as an easy pick-up appetizer.
- 2⁄3 cup white cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) white cream-style corn
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour into ungreased 9x12 pyrex.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes until lightly browned.
I'm sorry, but we did not like this at all. First, we had to bake it 25 minutes longer than specified for it to even remotely resemble bread. Still, it had a consistency more like a thick pudding than a bread. It also desperately needs some salt and sugar. We won't make this again.
This was very good; I loved the moist texture. Next time I will make it in a cast iron skillet, add more cheese, more jalapenos and maybe sweeten it up with a little sugar. A very good recipe, good for improvising.
Awesome Recipe!! My neighbors loved it too!!