Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious pound cake made without the addition of milk... My mom would ask me, when I was a kid, what kind of cake did I want for my birthday. My answer was always "Crisco Cake!" This is also the only cake requested for Christmas dinner this year! Do not scrape off the crust that forms on the top of the cake.. it is the best part!!!!
- Cream the sugar and Crisco together.
- Add three eggs and mix.
- Add 1 cup flour and mix.
- Add the other 3 eggs and mix.
- Add the other cup of flour and mix.
- Add flavorings and mix for 10 minutes with the mixer on high speed.
- Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan.
- Cook in 325 degree oven for one hour.
- Do not open oven while baking!
I've made this a couple of times, and it always turns out well. I usually add a teaspoon of coconut flavoring. The crust is my favorite part. Delicious!
I'll not rate this until I try it again. It came out rather dry and bland, might have been my fault. I baked it in 2 loaf pans.