3 hrs 30 mins
This wonderful beef stew recipe will make your house smell wonderful! Serve with some crusty bread, there won't be a drop left on the plates!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g stew meat, cubed
- 59.14 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 stalk celery, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 25 g beef gravy mix (I use 1 package of Clubhouse Brown Gravy mix)
- 236.59 ml water
- 340.19 g Guinness stout (or another dark brew)
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 g envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 0.25 ml dried thyme
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml creole seasoning
- 0.25 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml basil
- 118.29 ml frozen peas, if desired
- 236.59 ml water
- 680.38 g potatoes (I use Parisienne potatoes, small pre-peeled)
- 170 g baby carrots (1/2 small bag)
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over high heat.
- 2mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bag. Shake beef to cover. Set aside leftover flour mix.
- 3Saute beef until very brown on all sides.
- 4Add garlic, onion, celery and mushrooms. Saute about 5 minutes.
- 5Add beef gravy mix, Guinness, water, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- 6Stir to combine. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 7Shake the leftover flour with 1 cup of water in a jar, add to simmering stew.
- 8Add the poratoes, carrots and peas (if desired) and simmer 1 hour longer or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- 10Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Salt and pepper to taste. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving.).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep, Rich and Beefy Beer Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (1298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1043.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 811.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef gravy mix