Recipe by CoolMonday
Found this on the net and am trying to get it posted before the season is over, so I haven't tried them yet lol
- 2 cups fiddleheads, ferns (washed, cleaned, blanched)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and clean all brown spots off ferns. Trim stems.
- Blanch by putting them in boiling water for 2 minutes then into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in small bowl.
- Stir in oil and milk.
- Beat to a smooth, creamy consistancy but do not overbeat.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in small skillet over high heat.
- Dip fiddleheads in batter, then inot hot fat.
- Turn over until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.