Yummy! Just like at a restaurant! Who would have thought that just adding garlic to ranch dressing would be what makes this dish!!! I plan on using the ranch dip for other things as well.
for the Zucchini
- 1 -2 fresh zucchini, of medium size thinly sliced (do not peel)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 beaten eggs (you might need one more depending on your zucchini's size)
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oil to approx 350.
- Coat zucchini slices with flour.
- Dip in egg.
- Coat both sides with bread crumbs and carefully place in oil.
- Repeat with all zucchini slices -- do not crowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm with garlic dip.
- For the Garlic Dip:.
- Combine all ingredients with a whisk till well blended.
- Store in fridge till ready to serve.
- Try and make well in advance of the zucchini as the longer it sits the better it tastes.
- Good refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
I loved this recipe! Super easy to make and very very yummy. I tried a different method before and all of the batter fell off the zucchini, I was pleased how well this batter went on and stayed on. I will be making this again.
Thank you for sharing.
This was a bit hit with everyone and was pretty easy to make. I put each of the ingredients, even the eggs into separate large ziploc bags and moved the zucchini slices from one bag to the next. Worked like a charm without being too messy. And the garlic dip is amazing! Don't skip it. It takes about two minutes to mix and makes the dish. My family is already looking for ways to use up the leftover dip. Sadly, no zucchini survived the meal!