Chef #846013's Note:
This is a lovely appetizer or after dinner treat. I almost fell over they were so good. I had been wanting to try it for a while and i wasn't disapointed. This recipe comes from Chef Curtis Stone, one of my favortie chefs. One thing that i changed is that we just fried them in the fry daddy instead of a pan and they came out perfect. Its crunchy, its salty, its sweet its rich and ohhhh so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints blackberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup superfine sugar
- 8 1/2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 3/8 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2/3 cup ice water
- 6 1/2 ounces taleggio, cut evenly into 12 slices (I couldn't find any so we used Gouda instead)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 squash blossoms
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add blackberries, vinegar, and sugar. Cook for 15 minutes, and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl; reserve juices and discard pulp.
- 2Heat oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat until it reaches 325 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- 3Meanwhile, place flour in a large mixing bowl and gradually pour in water, mixing constantly with your fingertips until combined; set batter aside.
- 4Wrap each slice of cheese with a basil leaf. Place each wrapped piece of cheese into a zucchini flower and twist top to enclose. Lightly dust each zucchini flower with flour and dredge in batter until fully coated.
- 5Working in batches, gently place zucchini flowers into heated oil and fry until lightly golden, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper. 6.
- 6Serve immediately drizzled with the reserved blackberry and balsamic reduction.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Zucchini Flowers Stuffed With Taleggio and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4356.6
- Calories from Fat 4179
- Total Fat 464.3 g
- Saturated Fat 60.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: