Recipe by ChloeBaby
I was looking for a plain old battered, deep fried zucchini, but most on here are seasoned, or breaded and baked. So here is plain old beer battered zucchini, care of momofukufor2.com She has this amazing sriracha-lime mayonnaise for dipping (I'll put it in as the last step); between that and good old dill dip, these things disappear fast. My serving sizes are off, I just threw numbers in.
- 3 small zucchini, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup very cold beer
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oil in a high sided pot to 375 degrees over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, gently toss the zucchini spears with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup flour, salt, baking powder.
- Add the beer and mix gently. Don't worry about lumps.
- When your oil is ready, dip the zucchini in the batter, then fry to a golden brown colour. Make sure to not crowd them in the pot, a few at a time only.
- Drain on paper towel and enjoy.
- Sriracha-Lime Mayonnaise:.
- 2 tbs kewpie mayonnaise (Japanese mayo), 2 tsp sriracha, 2 tsp lime juice, touch of lime zest. Mix all ingredients together.