Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This completely defeats the purpose of tofu being a health food, and it tastes amazing!
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into slices
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (white vinegar will work fine as well)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot.
- Working in batches, deep fry the tofu until golden brown. Be careful when tossing the tofu into the oil, as oil tends to splatter!
- Drain the tofu on paper towels, and pat off as much oil as you can.
- Put the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and green onions, cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tofu, stir, and remove from heat.