Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another version of Deep-fried Tofu. The peanut oil is for frying so the nutritional info is off, since it figures in the whole amount used.
- Place 2 layers of paper towels on a plate, set tofu block on top, and cover with 2 more paper towels and a heavy pan or metal press and let sit 30 minutes to remove excess water from tofu.
- Cut the tofu into cubes 1″ X 1″ X 1 1/2“. Set aside.
- Combine cilantro, chilli, garlic, sugar and vinegar in pan, stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add the peanut butter and coconut milk, stirring until heated through.
- Put the oil in a wok and heat until hot.
- Deep-fry the tofu for 5 minutes until it becomes light brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place tofu cubes on platter with a dish of the warm sauce for dipping.