Do you want to know a secret? This is my favorite thing to eat when I'm alone in the house (rare) in front of the TV watching soap operas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tofu
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 coriander leaves, coarsely chopped (if available)
- 3 dried red chili peppers, , seeded,soaked,and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (cider vinegar is fine)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup finely chopped/crushed peanuts
- 2 cups peanut oil (for frying tofu) or 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying tofu)
- 1Cut the tofu in 1- 1/2 inch square pieces.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Make a paste (with such small quantities, a mortar and pestle are probably the easiest method) of the garlic, coriander, 3 seeded chili peppers, and salt.
- 4Add the vinegar and mix.
- 5Dissolve the 1/4 cup sugar in 1/4 cup hot water and add it to the paste along with the 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts.
- 6Mix well (the food processor helps here) and put it in a serving bowl.
- 7Sprinkle with coriander leaves and red pepper flakes.
- 8Put the 2 cup of peanut oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 9Deep-fry the tofu in hot (360 degrees Fahrenheit) oil for 5 minutes, until a light gold.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Place the tofu on a serving plate and the bowl of peanut sauce next to it.
- 12Use the peanut sauce as a dip.
- 13Serve either hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.7
- Calories from Fat 758
- Total Fat 84.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 594.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g