Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
My brother gave me this recipe and since I've been looking for ways of adding more soy to my diet I thought that I'd try it.
- 14.79 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 453.59 g tofu or 4 piece tofu, cakes cut in half
- 591.47 ml peanut oil
- 4 green onions
- In a bowl mix salt, 5 spice powder, sugar, pepper and garlic.
- Add tofu 1 at a time and turn over to coat evenly.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- In a wok, heat oil until smoking.
- Add tofu and deep fry for 5 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with green onions.
we like this! the first time we made it we thought it was a touch sweet, so we're trying a touch less sugar this time.