1 hr 5 mins
My brother gave me this recipe and since I've been looking for ways of adding more soy to my diet I thought that I'd try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix salt, 5 spice powder, sugar, pepper and garlic.
- 2Add tofu 1 at a time and turn over to coat evenly.
- 3Let stand 1 hour.
- 4In a wok, heat oil until smoking.
- 5Add tofu and deep fry for 5 minutes until puffy and golden.
- 6Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with green onions.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1296.4
- Calories from Fat 1254
- Total Fat 139.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1755.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder