Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
My brother gave me this recipe and since I've been looking for ways of adding more soy to my diet I thought that I'd try it.
- In a bowl mix salt, 5 spice powder, sugar, pepper and garlic.
- Add tofu 1 at a time and turn over to coat evenly.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- In a wok, heat oil until smoking.
- Add tofu and deep fry for 5 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with green onions.
we like this! the first time we made it we thought it was a touch sweet, so we're trying a touch less sugar this time.