Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a really neat recipe, isn't it? 8) You will need to freeze the prepared ravioli. It will be worth it 8)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Make a well in center and pour eggs and wine into it.
- With fork, stir gradually bringing dry mixture into center until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead in the remaining flour until smooth.
- Cover and leave alone for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out 3-inch circles with cookie cutter. Place 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese mixture in center of each circle.
- Fold edges over into a half-moon shape and press, sealing.
- Ravioli should be frozen, to help keep filling from oozing out while frying.
- After frozen, in large heavy skillet, heat oil, one inch deep, to 365°.
- Place ravioli into hot oil so they are not crowded.
- Fry both sides until golden.
- Drain and dust with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with honey before serving.