1/1 Photo of Deep-Fried Sweet Potato Chips With Mozzarella
Although you could slice these by hand a mandoline is recommended for this, it is a lot easier as the sweet potatoes have to be sliced paper thin. I have made these using Gorgonzola cheese also, and sprinkled them with seasoning salt, you can really use any kind of cheese that you desire. Of course you can use more than 5 sweet potatoes. These are really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a mandoline slice the sweet potatoes into 1/16-inch thick slices, and pat them dry with paper towels.
- 2In a deep fryer heat enough oil to measure about 3 inches; heat oil to about 380 degrees (can be a little less).
- 3Fry the sweet potato slices in batches until they are golden brown.
- 4Transfer the chips to a paper towel to drain fat.
- 5Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper if desired.
- 6Set oven to broil heat.
- 7Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly on top of the fried sweet potatoes.
- 8Broil for about 4 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- 9Place onto a serving dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Sweet Potato Chips With Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 559.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g