Recipe by AAA Albertan
Seasoned steak nuggets, deep fried and served with Ranch dressing. Great finger food for those of you who just cant stand to look at another chicken nugget.
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons seasoning, such as McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the egg, buttermilk, grill seasoning, and 1/2 cup of flour in a large bowl until smooth. Add the beef, and toss until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap, and place into the refrigerator to marinate at least 2 hours.
- Sift 2 1/2 cups flour with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Remove steak strips from buttermilk batter and allow excess to drip off. Dredge each piece with seasoned flour and place onto a baking sheet. Place in the freezer and freeze until firm, 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat oil to 370 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a deep fryer or cast iron skillet.
- Drop a few frozen steak pieces into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on the outside, about 5 minutes. Do not overcrowd the frying oil, and do not allow the steak strips to thaw before they are fried. Once golden brown, remove to drain on a paper towel-lined plate.